Rotisserie chicken is tasty and cheap. Throw together some sides and you have a quick meal with minimal effort. The only problem is that after two meals I'm sick of it. For those of you with a multi-person household, this may not be an issue. But some of you may be like me, a sexy single stuck with half a chicken! So I decided to spice up and repurpose this lesser half.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 ear of fresh corn (OR) 1 cup of frozen corn
- 10 Romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed separated
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatos, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese.
Optional garnishes: Cilantro, Avocado, Guacamole, Fat-Free Sour Cream.
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, taco seasoning and water to the skillet, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add black beans and corn to the mixture, stir, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon mixture over lettuce leaves. Top with red onion, tomatoes and cheese. Garnish with sour cream, cilantro and avocado. Happy Eating!!