Hidden in PLAIN Sight....Treat Yourself!!
At Full on Faith Nutrition we appreciate a healthy relationship with food. Every now an then, we encourage you to Treat Yourself! Enjoy and indulge, mindfully...
What do we mean by mindful indulgence?
Mindful indulgence is enjoying foods, activities, and events that bring you joy without major setbacks. Mindful indulgence is consuming food items that do not contain potentially harmful ingredients. We want you to be mindful of the sweet treats that have artificial sweeteners at the top of their ingredient list. We LOVE Dannon® Oikos® Triple Zero Greek Yogurt! Its full flavor, protein packed and perfectly sweet with no artificial sugars. This yogurt is sweetened with Stevia leaf extract, a natural calorie-free sweetener. The next time you are in the mood for a sweet treat, indulge in our Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries!
Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1, 5.3 ounce banana cream Dannon Triple Zero Oikos Greek Yogurt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple, well drained
Garnishes (optional) Fudge sauce (your favorite) Sprinkles Cherries
- Start out with the filling. Combine Greek yogurt, banana and pineapple in a bowl.
- Stir until mixed completely and place the mixture in a ziploc and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut of the tops and bottoms of the strawberry so that the strawberry will stand upright.
- Remove the core of the strawberry.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for about 25 seconds in the microwave and stir in butter until smooth.
- Dip the bottoms of each strawberry in chocolate and then in nuts.
- Place the dipped strawberry on parchment paper and refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- Cut a corner off of the Ziploc bag and pipe the yogurt mixture into the center of each strawberry.
- Top with desired garnishes (chocolate, sprinkles, cherries). Enjoy!!
Love & Blessings Always,